I seem to start a blog then stop after awhile. But this time it is different I am determined to COMMIT to writing about everything in my life and everything that interests me. Why not better to start about looking at last nights Video Music Awards red carpet looks! I had every intention just to talk about the best looks I saw on the carpet but since I feel like with this new journey about writing about my life I’m going to share the bad too. Lets start shall we?!?
Top 5 Looks
1. Kylie Jenner wearing Alexandre Vauthier gown and Gucci shoes. Let me just say for being seventeen years old she has some amazing style! Everything is perfect with this look and I absolutely love how she accessorized it with delicate jewelry.
2. Nina Dobrev wearing Zuhair Murad gown, Jimmy Choo shoes and Michael Nelson clutch. I am a fan Zuhair Murad’s designs and this one is no exception. Love the draping of this dress and how she paired it with a colorful bag and fun updo!
3. Becky G. in a black top and studded skirt. I really adore how this is sexy but not too sexy and raunchy. This outfit has a nice balance and I cannot get over how much LOVE this studded skirt so much!
4. Jordin Sparks in a white dress. as the high low trend is starting to become tacky I do like this rendition of it with this dress. Its subtle and flattering! because lets be honest the “High- low” trend is not the flattering on a woman’s body. I do like how Jordin has accessorized this look very clean and classy.
5. Iggy Azalea in Versace. She is working this dress! This dress hugs her curves in all the right places and is just overall stunning pairing it with a slick back hair look.
5 Worst Looks
1. Taylor Swift in Mary Katrantzou romper and Elie Saab shoes. This over all is just so wrong. The romper doesn’t fit her correctly on the bottom and looks like a baggy diaper in my opinion. I appreciate her taking new fashion risks lately but this one is a sad miss..
2. Katy Perry in Versace. Deja Vu moment! she is reenacting Britney Spears fashion faux paw with Justin Timberlake in 2001 but with Riff Raff. Obviously they are poking fun at that moment and it is quite amusing!
3. Lorde in a black gown. Love her music but hate this dress! I know she is eccentric but this dress is way too bulky and giving her lumps in places she shouldn’t have them…. Congrats on the award though Lorde!
4. Ariana Grande in Moschino dress and Tom Ford boots. I love this dress, love the boots, and love Ariana Grande I just don’t this the combination is right together. It might have been better if she rocked a new hairstyle and makeup look or maybe just on a different artist all together? I’m thinking maybe this style is more Rihanna than Ariana Grande.
5. Jordin Dunn in Balmain. I think this look would have been perfect if this was steamed and tailored to her! I just feel like the front part of this skirt should be grazing the floor because currently it just looks baggy on this tall goddess.
Overall most of the looks on last nights red carpet was very vibrant and just very VMA’s material. Happy for everyone who one and those who were nominated everyone is very talented! Here is to next years award show!